Skye was born in 1979 in NSW, Australia. Growing up in Townsville, QLD, Skye became a very talented artist who ended up completing a Bachelor of Visual Arts at James Cook University in 2002. She has spent over 30 years as a freelance artist, pet-portrait painter, and Fiction Author. She has won Awards for her novels in 2013 (Romance of the Year in Christian literature, USA. and shortlisted for the Caleb Awards) In her Visual Arts, finalist in the Percival Portrait Prize in 2018.
She now works full time as a Visual Arts Teacher in Secondary School, Townsville, where her work and practise is a constant source of inspiration to the next generation. When not working on her art or at school, Skye enjoys life with her family, where she engages in pottery, painting, playing with and training her parrots, fishing, snorkeling and Scuba Diving. Skye is also the Reef Guardians Teacher at her school and is very passionate about educating young people on the importance of protecting our Great Barrier Reef.
- Bachelor of Visual Arts - James Cook University, Townsville. Graduated 2002.
- Graduate Diploma Teaching & learning - University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba. Graduated 2009
Secondary High School Teacher
2009 - Current
* Education Queensland
* Catholic Education
Skye Elizabeth Designs - Visual Artist of commission paintings (mainly pet portraits) Oils on Canvas.
1997 - Current
2001 - 2008
* Attunga Campsite
* IronBark Outdoor Education Center. (St.Peters Lutheran College)
- Published three fiction Novels (Dare to follow Trilogy)
- Awarded winner of the ROMANCE NOVEL OF THE YEAR 2013, Christian Small Publishers
- Shortlisted for the CALEB AWARDS
- FINALIST in the Percival Portrait Competition, Townsville. 2018.
- Published Article in BirdBath Reviews 2018
- Artwork featured on BIOPAK Disposable coffee cups Australia-wide.